THIS LEGACY VERSION (ZIP) OF THE COURSE PLAYER IS OUTDATED AND NO LONGER RECOMMENDED. SEE OUR NEW TRUEFIRE COURSE PLAYER DESKTOP APP (WINDOWS/MAC)
If you are downloading the old standalong Legacy zip folder, there are several factors that can cause slow or incomplete downloads. Since our courses can be up to 1 GB in size a good internet connection is vital. We have assembled a list of the most common solutions to help our users:
- First, try using the alternative download page which will pull the files from a different server.
Click on the "Enable Alternate Download Links" button on the My Courses - Legacy Zip to enable download from the alternate server.
- If you're on a wireless connection try turning it off and connecting with an Ethernet cable and re-downloading the course. Wireless connections are typically slower and can experience dropouts which can cause downloads to be interrupted.
- Make sure you don't have additional downloads in progress or other programs running that are also using your bandwidth.
- Your antivirus software (McAfee, Norton, AVG, etc...) could be blocking the download. Try turning it off and then re-downloading the course.
- Your connection might be slow due to internet congestion and therefore causing the slow and difficult download. Go to www.speedtest.net to test your download speed.
- Sometimes downloading in a different browser such as Chrome and Firefox can fix the issue.
Use the TrueFire Course Player: Desktop app (Recommended!)
All that being said, we have a new installed player which we recommend all customers use in place of the legacy standalone zip folders.
The new TrueFire Course Player: Desktop app is a one-time installed program which allows you to access your entire course library of lessons from one centralized location. You can download on-demand or in bulk for full offline access.
You do not need to worry about downloading separate standalone course folders with separate video players.
You can learn more about the new TrueFire Course player and download at: www.truefire.com/apps