In The Jam Features
The following 75-second video takes you on a quick tour of the In The Jam user interface and tools. The red markers on the timeline indicate where certain features or functions are demonstrated.
Top 12 Tips
- Drag to size the entire player (width and height)
- Click the < buttons to collapse or expand a panel
- Drag to size any of the panels within the player
- Click username in upper right corner and explore options
- Click and explore the settings icon (tool bar under video)
- Control tab and notation views in settings
- Select any section of tab to loop that section
- Adjust speed control to desired tempo
- Use presets in directory OR dial in your own mix
- Select video buttons to view other videos
- Mute (M) or Solo (S) any audio track
- Click PDF button to download charts
Jam with Top Pros!
There's no better way to develop your improvisational skills than getting up on the bandstand and jamming with a solid rhythm section and top-notch players. In The Jam brings that bandstand and the world's TOP players right to your practice room!
For All Instruments!
You can mute, solo, or adjust the volume of any track. Play guitar, bass, keys, or drums? Mute those tracks and jump in. Whatever your instrument (even horns and vocals!), mix the jam anyway you want and play your heart out.
You Control the Mix!
In addition to controlling all of the audio tracks, In The Jam also allows you to change which video is being displayed at any time so that you can focus on the instrument of your choice.
In most editions, the featured artists provide narrative commentary, over the full length of the track, revealing how they've approached their parts in each of the jams and how they interact creatively with the other musicians.
Lead Sheets, Guitar Tab, & Notation!
Each multi-track video jam also includes a lead sheet chart showing the chord changes and the general structure of the jam. Guitar tab and standard notation are always provided for the guitar parts.